Athletes encounter numerous challenges. They train their bodies relentlessly to overcome them. With this rigorous training comes even more hours of strenuous mental training.
The problem is that the mind ultimately drives the body. Without a sharp and active mind, all that training could be wasted by one simple mistake.
Neurofeedback is a cutting-edge training designed to strengthen your mind, improve reflexes, and increase your overall ability to perform while under stress.
What is Neurofeedback?
Neurofeedback training is a sub-field of biofeedback training. It involves taking EEG readings of the brain to create input that can then be used to train the mind.
This allows neurofeedback to correct undesirable methods of thinking while refining desirable ones. Users of biofeedback may suffer from less stress, react more quickly to spontaneous events, improve muscle control, and improve overall mental capacity.
What Benefits Does Neurofeedback Bring to Athletes?
While neurofeedback offers plenty of benefits for the average person, it offers even more attractive benefits for athletes.
- Help athletes cope with stress. This can allow you to acquire a more restful sleep, heal your body properly, and focus more on performing.
- Aid in increasing plasticity of the brain. Plasticity describes your brain’s ability to learn and retain new ways of thinking. This can help those improved ways of running and moving stick in your mind until they become second nature.
- Greatly improve focus. By reinforcing positive thinking and steering away from negative thoughts, neurofeedback can help you significantly improve your focus. This can help you control your body better, which in turn helps increase your overall performance.
- Help protect against age and damage-related mental illnesses. Neurofeedback can help improve mental function, which in turn can help protect you against these degenerative saboteurs.
- Improve physical gains. Neurofeedback helps your brain work more efficiently. This translates to an increased ability to train, a more positive attitude, and more efficient muscle movements.
The benefits listed above are just the start of what neurofeedback can do. Athletes may experience significant improvements as they continue to receive neurofeedback sessions, which can help them perform even better.
Will Neurofeedback Help You Stay Focused?
Neurofeedback is a cutting-edge science designed to help you improve your overall mental functions. It utilizes hard numbers and the latest information from neuroscience to improve your brain’s ability to control your body.
To see if neurofeedback right is for you, contact Advanced Health and Performance Institute today to schedule an appointment. We look forward to answering any questions you might have.